New FAQs resource added to extensive Proton Beam Therapy (PBT) guides produced by brainstrust to help people understand this treatment.
We know how overwhelming it can be when you learn about different treatment options, and that’s why last year we released our Proton Beam Therapy guides. There was a lot of misinformation being shared in the wider media, and we were receiving lots of questions from our community about the treatment, based on beliefs and assumptions that were not necessarily correct.
brainstrust PBT guides
You can access our series of guides on PBT here. Topics covered include ‘myth-busting’, ‘how it works’, ‘clinical research’, ‘understanding the decision making process’ and more.
Having read the information – in sections, or as a whole – people will:
- feel more confident about PBT
- be more informed and engaged in their situation
- either be assured they are on the best care pathway or feel comfortable and confident in exploring further options
- understand how brainstrust can help
- know where further help and information may be available to them.
The latest addition
Now included in the collection, bringing it to ten guides in total, is an FAQs guide. Covering general interest, financial questions, outcomes and more, this guide provides the simplest answers to the questions that we are asked most regarding PBT.
With thanks to the Rutherford Cancer Centres for their collaboration in producing this guide.