At brainstrust we believe that none of us is as smart as all of us.
Everyone that joins brainstrust is passionate about and committed to putting the world for people living with a brain tumour, the right way.
Our Leadership team
- Will Jones – Chief Executive
- Dr Helen Bulbeck – Founder and Director of Services and Policy
- Peter Bulbeck – Founder and Clerk to the Trustees
- Kevin Higgs – Kevin is an independent financial planning manager and keen cyclist!
- Chris Baker – Chris is the EMEA Managing Director at Concur.co.uk. He brings to brainstrust a mountain of relevant personal and professional experience and expertise
- Stephen Warrington – Stephen brings to the organisation extensive experience leading professional services businesses and consulting for major multinationals. Stephen’s teenage son was diagnosed with a brain tumour and underwent successful surgery.
- Gillian Bilbo – Gillian is an Early Years Ofsted Inspector and she brings a listening ear to our Board
- Prof. Peter Black, MD, PhD, FACS – Professor of Neurosurgery, Harvard Medical School, Children’s Hospital Boston and The Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Mr. Andrew McEvoy, MB, BS, BSc(Hons), MD, FRCS(Eng), FRCS(SN) – Consultant Neurosurgeon, National Hospital of Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Mr. Paul Grundy, FRCS – Consultant Neurosurgeon, Wessex Neurological Centre
- Stephen Venables – mountaineer, explorer, writer, broadcaster and public speaker
Our committee includes our trustees, founders, community members, fundraisers, and scientific advisors. Together we have wide and varied experience, each of us bringing different skill sets to brainstrust.
When needed, we put our heads together to address real issues and then make positive and powerful change.
We work with leading Nurses, Scientists and clinicians from hospitals across the UK, and in the United States to ensure that we have the links and knowledge to tackle even the most complex of challenges. If you like to find out more, why not give us a call on 01983 292405.
Everyone one of our supporters is very special, but we also have a few that you might know:
- David Gower – cricketer and commentator
- Tiff Needell – racing driver and presenter
- Alan Igglesden – cricketer and patient advocate
- Andrew Norris – children’s author and TV screenwriter
- Toby Jones – successful actor and writer
- Julie Walters – actress and star of our Radio 4 appeal. Julie comes to brainstrust having experienced the effect that brain tumours can have whilst playing Mo Mowlem in the TV drama, Mo
- Julia Somerville – newsreader Julia Somerville presents our 2016 BBC Lifeline appeal, and shares her own experiences of living with and beyond a brain tumour.