The Conservative Government has promised:
- To make the UK a world leader in fighting cancer
- To find the £8 billion needed to meet the Five Year Forward View in which Simon Stevens CEO of the NHS sets out the vision needed to meet the challenges faced by the NHS
- To prevent cancer through tackling obesity, improving lifestyle choices through food labelling and looking at the packaging of tobacco products
- To continue to support research into early diagnosis and improvements in the health system
- To continue investment in the Cancer Drugs Fund and implement the recommendations of the Cancer Taskforce
- To support research into rarer cancers, the 100,000 genome project and improve access to medicines.
We’re pleased to see early diagnosis on the agenda, along with continued investment in cancer treatments and protecting the life sciences and innovative research spend. And, the research into rarer cancers will be also be of great significance, as together they actually count for 50% of all cancer diagnosis.
But, we know that the government can’t change the world for brain tumour patients. Patients, carers, clinicians and brainstrust working together can. Rest assured that we’ll continue to keep making noise about the issues that our community lives with on a day to day basis. And we’ll ensure that your voice is heard where it matters- and where we can make a difference.
We have our own campaigns to focus on.
Campaigns that will put the world right for brain tumour patients, the right way.