Over the Summer we quietly rolled team brainstrust from a dark corner of the brain cave. team brainstrust was to become a home for people that love a sport, and have a charity event on the horizon that they’re training for, like a marathon, or a mammoth bike ride.
By signing up to team brainstrust, we would commit to helping people as best as we possibly could with publicity, fundraising and the organisational side of things to free them up for training and ‘doing what they love’ in order to reach their goals for the event. The only thing we asked for in return, was that the athlete would raise as much money as they could for brainstrust.
And you know what? As with most things brainstrust at the moment, team brainstrust has grown to have life of its’ very own. Here are just a few of the wonderful things that people have achieved with team brainstrust since the summer this year:
- Chris Seymour and his team cycled 2000km through India to raise money for Alex Jones and brainstrust
- Steve McMenamin swam across the English Channel WITHOUT A WETSUIT for brainstrust, raising nearly £3000
- Adam Heikal took part in the Brighton Beach Aquathon – which entailed diving into the sea for an 800m swim before staggering up the beach for a 5km run and finally back down again for a final 400m swim
- Annabel Sutherland scaled the dizzy heights of Kilmanjaro
- 100 fantastic people ran the Royal Parks Half Marathon with us, raising over £40,000
So, the future? Well events where you can join team brainstrust over over the next few months include:
- The Royal Parks Half Marathon 2010
- Walking for charity at brainstrust’s Big Wight Matter event – 24-26th Sept 2010
- Kielder 100 Mountain Bike Race (2010)
- The Round the Island race (2010)
- Golf day at Worsley Marriott, Manchester
- The 2010 Great South Run
- The 2010 West Wight Triathlon
Interested? Just email email@example.com to find out more and to reserve your place.