We’re delighted to have been awarded funding by The National Lottery Community Fund for brainstrust events in Liverpool and Leeds! We’d like to say a huge thank you to The National Lottery Community Fund and players of The National Lottery for supporting these events.
The National Lottery Community Fund, the largest funder of community activity in the UK, has granted us £9,995 through Awards for All England to deliver ‘health and wellbeing events for the North of England brain tumour community‘. This means that we can deliver in-person events in Leeds and Liverpool this spring. These events will connect our community and offer a supportive space for people affected by a brain tumour to increase their well-being, learn effective coping strategies, and have a lovely day out!
What can you expect from the events?
Each event will combine sessions with experts and holistic practitioners alongside opportunities to socialise and connect with others who really get it. Attendees at the events will have the opportunity to:
- Engage with expert practitioners in the field of brain tumour research and treatment
- Enjoy holistic sessions focused on boosting overall well-being
- Develop practical coping skills through brainstrust coaching workshops focusing on the key challenges of living with a brain tumour
- Connect with others who understand in a supportive space and enjoy a relaxed lunch with other attendees
- Receive copies of brainstrust‘s vital resources so that they have the information they need to start living better with a brain tumour
These events will help people affected by a brain tumour feel part of a community, less alone, on top of things, supported, resourced and better engaged with clinical care.
We will be sharing more details of these events in due course. If you’d like to receive updates straight to your inbox, opt into our e-news today by filling out our keeping in touch form. Click here to sign up to brainstrust e-news.
National Lottery players raise over £30 million a week for good causes across the UK. The National Lottery Community Fund distributes a share of this to projects to support people and communities to prosper and thrive.