Thrive webinars and workshops are meticulously curated by brainstrust and hosted by leading experts to help you tackle the challenges that make life with a brain tumour so hard.
So that you can be more informed, more engaged, and cope better, you can now access brainstrust workshops online. Thrive events are more focussed than a Meet Up – if you are feeling lost or confused, need practical information and would like a deeper dive into specific aspects of life with a brain tumour, then Thrive events are for you.
This webinar will address:
- Why do people with some brain tumours have epilepsy? Can it develop at any point?
- What are the most common types of epilepsy that come with a brain tumour?
- How do I know if I have had a seizure? Sometimes my doctor says I haven’t had a seizure when I think I have.
- What should my caregiver do when I have a seizure? Should they always call an ambulance?
- Are there epilepsy triggers that I could avoid?
This webinar will be hosted by Dr Robin Grant.
Robin is a Consultant Neurologist with a special interest in brain tumours, specifically symptoms research and quality of life in neuro-oncology. He leads the Edinburgh Group, which has build an interest in clinical and laboratory studies related to tumour associated epilepsy, cognition, depression and fatigue.
Webinars with brainstrust
These webinars are a little different to those you may have attended previously! They are deliberately kept to small numbers, so that everybody can make the most of the experience by interacting with each other and asking questions (although there is no pressure to share, and if you would like to keep your camera or microphone turned off that is fine). If you sign up but can’t attend, please do let us know so that we can offer the place to someone else.