Lark Rise Bike Ride and Spring Feast 2016: cycle around the countryside for brain tumour support
The Lark Rise Trail is an off road cycle ride through the lovely countryside that formed the backdrop to Flora Thompson’s classic ‘Lark Rise to Candleford’. See for yourself where Flora lived, went to school and worked as postmistress, all whilst raising vital funds for brain tumour support in the area.
Riding through Oxfordshire, Northamptonshire and Buckinghamshire, the circular routes will test cyclists of all abilities, with a choice of 40-mile, 25-mile and 12.5-mile circuits.
You will follow undulating country lanes, ancient tracks and bridleways, through beautiful parkland and rolling fields and woods. The shorter circuits will suit families, while the 40-mile ride will challenge even experienced “off-roaders” and passes through the edge of the Silverstone race track and back through the dramatic landscape of the Stowe Estate.
What to expect of the day
- Local drop off/pick up for riders and bikes
- Before the bike ride, we'll fuel up with a breakfast for champions at Mixbury Hall
- You can then chose a route- either the 40 mile, the 25 mile or the 12.5 mile
- We'll then return to Mixbury Hall (NN13 5RL) for well earned fabulous food and drink under giant teepees provided by the famous Muddy Duck
- Entertainment for all the family to follow
This event will allow us to come together and raise some money so that brainstrust can continue supporting more people to feel less afraid, less alone and more in control in the face of a terrifying brain tumour diagnosis.
“Wow, for the first time I feel like someone has heard my pleas and actually listened. I feel quite overwhelmed at your response and how your thoughtful suggestions actually make sense. Thank you once again- just knowing brainstrust has brightened up my day”
Registration for the Bike Ride is now closed.
Return to Events page