Ride 24 - London to Paris by bike, in 24 hours for people affected by a brain tumour.The originial 24 hour classic. London's Blackheath - 350 excited riders line up on the start line. We head out into the Kent countryside towards our first rest stop, then onwards to Dover, a second stop, before an evening ferry to Calais. Night riding now once in France, rest stops and food as we pass through the major cathedral cities of Amiens and Beauvais, and smaller towns steeped in history. If we're lucky, locals will be out in force to cheer us Tour de France style as we speed though.
We head into Paris though the quieter Sunday morning traffic on to the glorious finale around the Arc de Triumphe, down the Champs Elysee before the finish near the Eiffel Tower. Voila - the classic Ride 24 and a great place to celebrate.
6 - 8 September, 2014. 280 miles in 24hrs – broken down into 7 stages of approximately 40/45 miles with rest stops at the end of each leg to take on food & drink supplied by our specialist catering team, and sort any repairs to bike and body.
- Non-stop challenge - day & night. 24 hr 'target' inclusive of ferry time.
- Setting out Saturday midday - easy to join us!
- Fully supported - hot meals, signage, mechanics, medics & support vehicles.
- Hotel in Paris & return bike transport to London included.
- Optional Eurostar return on Monday (discounted rate) - timed to meet your bike
- Join our Ride 24 celebration dinner and party in Paris!
- London training ride & briefing for riders in May '14 - get to know us & team mates
Start: Blackheath, SE London - 12.00hrs Saturday 6 Sept.
Finish: The Eiffel Tower, Central Paris - Sunday morning - 24 hours or so later!
Miles: 280 over 7 stages
Total Ascent / Climb: 3,800 metres
Estimated field of Riders: 350+
The organisers have years of experience of running the hugely successful London to Paris 24 challenge - so they know how to get you to the finish line with all you need.
- Rest stops every 40/45 miles - including snacks, water, gels & energy drink
- Food supplied at all rest stops - hot food stops for dinner & breakfast
- A celebratory brunch in Paris at the finish
- Pace riders, support guides, and back marker helpers
- Full support teams - mechanics & medics
- Day bag transfers to each rest stop - (for your clothing, snacks, supplies)
- Rest & recovery buses - if you need to sit out for a stage
- Back-up vehicles & bike transport for retirees
- Rider timing, route maps, GPX files
- Training advice, pre-event support & a dedicated team to answer your questions
The event may not be easy, but signing up is! To find out more, and to register, give us a call today on 01983 292405 or email email@example.com
Return to Events page