London to Land's End 24 hour bike ride for brain tumour supportThe iconic white signpost of Land’s End means you are at the very edge of Britain; no more miles to pedal, no more hills to climb, you can cycle no further. Read on to find out about Ride 24's London to Lands End epic.
Rewarded by the fresh sea air and a view over the Atlantic you only now realise what you have accomplished on this truly testing and tough ride. Over 310 miles stretch between London and Land’s End, many hills in between and a wind that just could be on the nose. Your legs will take a pounding as you push past Winchester, the New Forest – and then onto a true test of spirit as night draws in and you approach Dartmoor. It's not exactly all down hill from there onwards, but as the sun rises Cornwall feels welcoming, and that special white sign nears....
The 24 hour charity ride
14th and 15th June, 310 miles in 24hrs - stretching through the South of Britain – the route is broken down into 7 stages of approximately 40 / 45 miles each, with rest stops at the end of each leg to take on food and drink supplied by a specialist catering team, and sort any repairs to bike and body!
- Non-stop challenge - through day & night. 24 hr 'target' time
- Fully supported - hot meals, signage, mechanics, medics & support vehicles
- Return bike transport to London included
- Optional coach return service to London - to meet your bike for collection
- Shuttle service to Penzance available
- London training ride & briefing for riders in May'14 - get to know us & team mates!
Start: Richmond Athletics' Ground, 9.00 hrs Saturday, 14 June
Finish: Land’s End, Cornwall - Sunday morning – 24 hours or so later!
Miles: 310 over 7 stages
Total Ascent / Climbing: 4,200 metres
Estimated field of riders: 300+
The organisers have years of experience of operating successful 24 hr road challenges – and they know the right ingredients to get you across the finish line on target. You’ll need your bike, a helmet, and some fuel in those legs – we'll bring the support to get you there...
- Rest stops every 40/45 miles - including snacks, water, gels & energy drinks
- Food supplied at all rest stops - hot food stops for lunch & dinner
- A celebratory brunch at Land's End
- Pace riders, support guides and back marker helpers
- Full support teams - mechanics & medics
- Day bag transfers to each rest stop - (for your clothing, snacks, supplies)
- Rest & recovery buses - if you need to sit out a stage
- Back-up vehicles & bike transport for retirees
- Rider timing, route maps, GPX files
- Training advice, pre-event support & a dedicated team to answer your questions!
To register, or simply find out more, email email@example.com, or call us today on 01983 292405
Return to Events page